Upcoming CCF Workshop
|Venue:||Center for Children and Families, MMC Campus, Building AHC 1, Rm 140|
Upcoming CCF Workshop: "An Introduction to Parent-Child Interaction Therapy"
February 7th & 8th, 2013, 9:30AM-5:00PM, MMC Center for Children and Families, Building AHC 1, Rm 140 11200 SW8th St., Miami FL, 33199
Please check-in by 9:15am
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
+ Describe the research and theory associated with Parent Child Interaction Therapy + Identify appropriate client populations for Parent Child Interaction Therapy + List the basic components of Child Directed Interaction and Parent Directed Interaction therapy
+ Learn the basic principles of using the Dyadic Parent-Child Interaction Coding System (DPICS) and how to use DPICS in guiding their coaching of parent interactions with children + Describe current PCIT certification guidelines and where to seek further training in PCIT
Visit the CCF website for registration information: http://ccf.fiu.edu, and click on “Training and Continuing Education”
Please call (305) 348-0477 if you have questions about this presentation or about the Center for Children and Families.
About the Presenters
John Paul Abner, Ph.D., ABPP, is an Associate Professor of Psychology and Occupational Therapy at Milligan College, a PCIT Master Trainer for PCIT International, and a licensed psychologist in the state of Tennessee.
Daniel Bagner, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at Florida International University and is a PCIT Master Trainer for PCIT International.
Rhea Chase, Ph.D., is a clinical associate faculty member at Duke University and is a PCIT Master Trainer for PCIT International.
Melanie Fernandez, Ph.D., ABPP, is the Director of the Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Program at the Child Mind Institute in New York and is a PCIT Master Trainer for PCIT International.
Melanie Nelson, Ph.D., is a faculty member at the University of Oklahoma’s College of Medicine and is a PCIT Master Trainer for PCIT International.
The CCF has been approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The CCF maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accepts CE credit provided by APA providers towards ANCC re-certification.
- The FIU Counselor Education Program is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and a co-sponsor of the Center for Children and Families’ presentations .
- The FIU Counselor Education program may award NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP™ solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider # 4565, effective 9/1/11.
- The Center for Children and Families is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer professional development for school psychologists. The Center for Children and Families maintains responsibility for the program.
- This talk has also been approved for up to 13 CE credits by Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling; Florida Board of Psychology and Florida Office of School Psychology. Provider# BAP 50-12872.
The Florida International University Board of Trustees is partially funded by the Children’s Trust. The Children’s Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.