We encourage you to schedule an appointment if you have questions or concerns associated with navigating the Psychology major or minor. Remember, the primary role of our Academic Advising Office is to guide the student through the process of completing both the departmental and university requirements for a Psychology degree.
Scheduling an appointment
Psychology Majors are required to schedule appointments directly via their student dashboard on the my.fiu.edu page by following the steps below:
- Log into your myFIU account.
- Click on "Student Dashboard" on the right side of the page (below Holds, To Do List, Enrollment Appointments, etc:
- You will see your assigned adviser's name on the left.
- To make an appointment, click on the "Appointment Request" tab, and proceed to click on the "Request a Appointment" option.
- To see where your adviser is located, click on the black telephone icon in the center page.
- Under the same student dashboard click on the "Messages" tab and proceed to click the "compose new message" option.
- Once you send your message, please allow 24-48 hours for your adviser to respond.
- Non Psychology Majors should request an appointment with a psychology advisor by calling 305-348-2880. Appointments are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
If you need to make an Academic Advising appointment on the Biscayne Bay Campus, please stop by the Academic Advising office in AC1 367 (305-919-5859).
If you need more general advising on classes outside of the Psychology department, such as general education requirements, visit the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Department in ZEB 220 at the Modesto Maidique Campus or call 305-348-2978 between 9:00am and 5:00pm. On the Biscayne Bay Campus, the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Department is located in AC1 300/318A or you can call 305-919-5859 between 8:00am and 5:00pm.