We encourage you to schedule an appointment if you have questions or concerns associated with navigating the Psychology major or minor. Remember, the primary role of our Academic Advising Office is to guide the student through the process of completing both the departmental and university requirements for a Psychology degree.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Log into your myFIU account.
- Click on "Student Dashboard" on the right side of the page (below Holds, To Do List, Enrollment Appointments, etc:
- You will see your assigned adviser's name on the left.
- To make an appointment, click on the "Appointment Request" tab, and proceed to click on the "Request a Appointment" option.
- To see where your adviser is located, click on the black telephone icon in the center page.
- Under the same student dashboard click on the "Messages" tab and proceed to click the "compose new message" option.
- Once you send your message, please allow 24-48 hours for your adviser to respond.
Chat Walk-In Advising
- Available for students wanting to change their major to psychology on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and Tuesdays/Thursdays from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Sessions are limited to 15 minutes. For an in-depth discussion with your advisor, you will need to make an appointment.
- Transfer students are encouraged to make appointments outside of chat walk-in hours.
If you need to make an Academic Advising appointment on the Biscayne Bay Campus, please stop by the Academic Advising office in AC1 367 (305-919-5959) or stop by the Psychology Office in AC1 311 during office hours (305-919-5867).
If you need more general advising on classes outside of the Psychology department, such as general education requirements, visit the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Department in ECS 411 at the Modesto Maidique Campus or call 305-348-2978 between 9:00am and 5:00pm. On the Biscayne Bay Campus, the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Department is located in AC1 300/318A or you can call 305-919-5859 between 8:00am and 5:00pm.