Our program accepts incoming students the fall of each year. Applications must be submitted by June 1st. If you have any questions about the application deadline, please contact us.
- Admissions Process
Program Admission Requirements
To be admitted into the Master’s in Organizational Science program, a student must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Have at least a 3.0 average GPA during the last two years of the undergraduate program.
- Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). There is no minimum score requirement.
*These are minimum requirements. Admission is competitive.
It is recommended that students take several industrial/organizational psychology-related courses; see below for a list.
Students should apply through the online application which can be found on the University Graduate School admissions site. To begin your application, you must sign into your application user account with your User ID and Password. (If you do not have an account, please click on the “Create User Account” link.) The application fee is paid via this site.
Include in your application:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores.
- Three letters of recommendation evaluating the applicant’s potential for graduate work. Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide at least one letter of recommendation from a professor or academic source.
- A letter of intent - a brief essay stating reasons for interest in the program and career goals.
All application materials and supporting documentation must be received in the University Graduate School's online system by June 1st. Applicants are encouraged to contact the program after applying.
- Recommended Courses
- Introduction Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Statistics and/or Research Methods
- Psychological Testing or Tests and Measurement
- Organizational Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Business Psychology
- Degree Requirements
The Master of Science in Organizational Science requires a minimum of
36 semestercredits of graduate work beyond the baccalaureate. A maximum of 6 credits of post-baccalaureate coursework may be transferred from another graduate degree program. Check Schedule and Courses for more information.