- Ph.D., Developmental Psychology Florida International University- Miami, FL
- M.S., Developmental Psychology Florida International University- Miami, FL
- B.S., Psychology Louisiana State University- Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Cigales studies behavior analysis of vicarious processes, learning and memory, effects of tactile stimulation and mother-infant interaction. In addition, Dr. Cigales has been certified by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
Select Publications and Presentations
Cigales, M. (2007, May) Imitation and Observational Learning: Analysis, Methodological Issues, and Applications (Discussant) In J. Gewirtz (Chair) Symposium presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Behavior Analysis, Atlanta, GA.
Cigales, M. (2006, May). The History of Imitation Research and Suggestions for Its Future In J. Gewirtz (Chair) Imitation – Its Sources, “Lines of Fracture,” and Role in Expanding Behavioral Repertoires. International Symposium presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Behavior Analysis, Atlanta, GA.
Cigales, M. (2006, May). Decreasing the use of Restrictive Procedures at a group shelter and Statewide Inpatient Psychiatric Program Facility. In K. Crosland (Chair) Evaluating the Effectiveness of Florida’s Behavior Analysis Services Program
Cigales, M. (1997). Intersections of behavior analysis with cognitive models of contingency detection. The Behavior Analyst, 20, (2), 161-166.
Cigales, M., Field, T., Lundy, B.L., & Cuadra, A. (1997). Massage enhances recovery from habituation. Infant Behavior and Development,, 20, (1), 29-34.
Cigales, M., Field, T., Gewirtz, J., & Pelaez-Nogueras, M.(1996). Touch among children at nursery school. Early Child Development and Care, 126, 101-110.
Crosland, K., Cigales, M., Dunlap, G., Neff, B., Clark, H.B., Giddings, T, & Blanco, A. (2008). Using Staff Training to Decrease the Use of Restrictive Procedures at Two Facilities for Foster Care Children, Research on Social Work Practice,18, pp. 1049731507314006v1.
- Introduction to Principles of Behavior Analysis (EAB 3002)
- Theories and Principles of Behavior Modification (EAB 4794)
- Research Methods In Psychology (PSY 3213)
- Psychology of Adolescence (DEP 3305)
- Introduction to Social Psychology (SOP 3004)
- Behavioral Technologies (EAB 6770)