We’ve designed a multifaceted, rigorous, broad and comprehensive six-year curriculum which includes academic coursework, clinical practicum, professional development and internship.
A solid foundation and breadth of training in:
- Developmental psychology, emphasizing the dynamic and complex interplay between the individual child and their ecology (e.g., parents, family, peers, schools and community)
- Developmental psychopathology, emphasizing adaptation, coping and resilience
- Cultural Diversity, particularly access, quality and impact of mental health care
- Methodology and Statistics
- Broad and comprehensive, guided by our training philosophy, four professional goals and their specific learning objectives
- Strategic in terms of its sequencing of training requirements and opportunities
- Cumulative in that learning opportunities build on one another incrementally
- Graded over time by academic, research and clinical demands that increase in challenge and complexity, accompanied by increasingly advanced competency benchmarks and performance expectations.
Informed by the evolving literature on pedagogy, our curriculum incorporates innovative training processes and educational methods to build knowledge, skills and competencies that reflect the program’s broad professional goals and specific learning objectives.